Powerwave 6000 awarded inclusion into Carbon Trust’s Energy Technology list
30 April 2013
The standalone, three-phase PowerWAVE 6000 (400 & 500kVA) UPS from Uninterruptible Power Supplies Limited (UPSL) has now been included in the Carbon Trust's Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) approved products list.
The ECA Scheme for Energy Saving Technologies was created to encourage environmentally proactive businesses to invest in plant or machinery which has been designed with energy efficiency in mind, and which has been recognised as such on the Carbon Trust's Energy Technology Product List (ETPL).
In real terms, this inclusion means businesses investing in the PowerWAVE 6000 (400 or 500kVA) can offset 100% of the cost of the UPS against taxable profits; therefore potentially reducing the organisation's tax bill by 28% of the equipment cost.
If your business pays corporation tax at the current rate of 23%, and claims a standard capital allowance at the 18% rate, every £1,000 spent on qualifying equipment would reduce its tax bill in the year of purchase by £230. Loss-making companies can also receive a substantial tax benefit when purchasing ETL qualifying technologies, with Payable ECAs. Through this scheme the Government will reimburse the organisation the value of the ECA equipment, up to 19% of company's total loss for that year. For further information see the ETL website.
The PowerWAVE 6000 (400 & 500Kva) dramatically reduces the overall physical footprint, with a power density up to 363 kW/m2. The UPS also consumes less energy and generates low CO2 emissions – giving the PowerWAVE 6000 one of the lowest environmental impacts on the market and providing significant overall cost savings. The PowerWAVE 6000 has been specifically designed to meet the growing power protection demands of mission critical applications within the data centre, IT, telecommunications and financial services sectors and boasts features and options which reflect current and predicted industry needs.
With a transformerless design and the Energy Saving Inverter Switching (ESIS) technology, PowerWAVE 6000 delivers best-in-class efficiency at both partial and fully rated loads (up to 96%). This level of efficiency dramatically reduces the UPS's total cost of ownership throughout its life cycle. In addition, to lower operating costs, the PowerWAVE 6000 has been designed to extend battery run times and the life of components. A truly eco-friendly solution for mission critical applications.
PowerWAVE 6000 (400 & 500kVA) key benefits
• Capacity up to 5 megawatts (5MVA) from 10 units in parallel
• Power density of up to 363 kW/m2
• High efficiency and minimum cost of ownership
• Low input harmonic distortion: THDi = 3.5% @ 100% load
• Near to unity input power factor of 0.99
• Fully rated output power (Blade Friendly)
• Full front access maximizes system serviceability
• Transformerless design
• Top cable entry available
Image of the PowerWAVE 6000 download link: http://we.tl/hgKBoRcvS4
ECA Scheme key features
• Open to all businesses that pay UK corporation or income tax, regardless of size, sector or location.
• Provides 100% first-year capital allowances on investments in energy-saving equipment against taxable profits of the period of investment.
• All the products listed on the Energy Technology Product List must meet the energy-saving criteria, published in the Energy Technology Criteria List.
• Only spending on new and unused energy-saving equipment can qualify for ECAs.
• Capital allowances are available for spending "on the provision of" plant and machinery. This can include certain costs arising as a direct result of the installation of qualifying plant and machinery such as; transport of the equipment to the site, and some direct installation costs.
Contact Details and Archive...