Are you Prepared for the Flu Season?
22 November 2011
With the ‘flu season fast approaching, Deb Limited has issued guidelines on how to adopt good hand hygiene practices, to help prevent the spread of germs in the workplace this winter:
1. Work with your washroom services suppliers to create a communications campaign to educate staff why they should keep their hands clean
2. Encourage good hand hygiene practice by providing easy-to-understand awareness materials such as posters and stickers in the washrooms, on floors, mirrors and doors
3. Demonstrate the do’s and don’ts of good hand hygiene through employee awareness days
4. Reinforce the ‘catch it, kill it, bin it’ message; cover your nose and mouth with a clean tissue when you cough or sneeze; throw away the tissue promptly and hygienically
5. Provide adequate hand washing facilities and promote the use of a hand sanitiser; apply regularly to clean, dry hands to complement routine hand washing
6. Provide ‘hand hygiene on the move’ by supplying a handy personal issue sanitiser
7. Implement a winter cleaning schedule; move to damp rather than dry dusting and consider different products for different surfaces to help eliminate and prevent the spread of germs
8. Put a strategy in place that focuses on health management rather than absence management
9. Implement an on-site flu vaccination programme for your workforce
10. If businesses provide an on-site restaurant, incorporate daily healthy food options throughout the winter months to help employees get their 5-a-day
Contact: Deborah Gobey MCIPR – PR & Corporate Communications Manager
Contact Details and Archive...