This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

Outsourcing confidence grows in economic decline

13 August 2009

The National Outsourcing Association has reported that 40 percent of suppliers are confident of growth for outsourcing market in 2009


About 40 percent of outsourcing suppliers are more confident in the market place than they were in 2008 according to the first of the National Outsourcing Association’s (NOA) quarterly Outsourcing Confidence Index. The research also showed an overall growth of eight percent for the UK outsourcing market in 2008.

According to the research, which included interviews with over 50 outsourcing professionals, the IT Outsourcing market experienced the strongest level of growth in 2008 increasing by 12 percent, whilst the Business Process Outsourcing market grew by only six percent.

The research also looked at the factors influencing outsourcing revenue. Expanding the scope of activity with existing clients was the strongest factor impacting outsourcing service providers with 40 percent believing that this has a high impact on revenue and the remaining 60 percent saying it is having a moderate impact. Clients bringing work back in-house had a low impact on revenue according to 90 percent of the respondents and the remaining 10 percent believed it only had a moderate impact.

The research also looked at the changing nature of contracts with 18 percent of outsourcing contracts decreasing in length over the last 12 months. Over the same period 20 percent of respondents have seen the value of outsourcing contracts increase, while 70 percent say they have stayed the same and only 10 percent claim

they have fallen.

Martyn Hart, Chairman of the NOA, commented: "Outsourcing has traditionally been seen as a cost saving mechanism for business, so in times of economic turbulence it is not surprising that the industry is continuing to grow. However, with the increased pressure on companies to cut costs many are pushing through higher volume low cost contracts, over shorter time frames, which more often than not sets the outsourcing contract up to fail. Today, it is more important than ever that contracts work for both parties and by following best practice from the outset both the supplier and the outsourcer will be able to form a mutually beneficial partnership which is paramount to outsourcing success".




Contact Details and Archive...

Print this page | E-mail this page

https://www.asckey.com/
https://www.bonahttps://www.bona.com/en/facility-solutions/.com/en/
PFM
https://www.aspenpumps.com/en-gb


MOST VIEWED...

View more articles
Article image

Why the Law Says You Need a Nappy Bin Disposal Service

At home, parents are used to disposing of their babies’ used nappies the same way they do any other domestic waste - bagging it up and sticking it in the r...
Article image

Customers demand sustainability in cleaning

A new survey has found that almost four in five cleaning businesses say that sustainability will be of greatest importance to their customers in 2023......
Article image

Bright future for Mitie

The FM company has delivered its Q3 trading update for the quarter ending 31 December 2022......
Article image

Portico appoints two new Account Directors

Portico has promoted Rachel Smith and Abbie Smith to newly created Accounts Director roles......
Article image

Workspace Design Show to showcase top workplace trends

Taking place in London in February, it features an extensive exhibitor line-up......
Article image

Spotless grows UK footprint with English acquisitions

Spotless Commercial Cleaning Ltd has announced the acquisition of two rivals south of the border, bolstering its annual revenues and widening its UK custom...
https://www.ppspower.com/
https://www.watco.co.uk/watco-product-finder?utm_source=R&utm_medium=Web+Banner&utm_campaign=PFM_PF
https://www.ppspower.com/
https://www.metrorod.co.uk/services/drain-maintenance-services/?utm_source=PFM&utm_medium=MPU&utm_campaign=PFM+MPU+-+Autumn+2022
https://www.neccontract.com/products/contracts/nec4/facilities-management-contract/bundle?utm_source=PFM+ads&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=PFM+ads
https://www.theworkplaceevent.com/pfm-visitor
https://www.securexwestafrica.com/facilities-management?utm_source=PFM&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=MP014&utm_id=SWA23