This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

Haden Building Management relaunched as Balfour Beatty Workplace

19 November 2008

Haden loses its 200 year old name and refocuses as a total FM provider under the mantra 'We work. You Excel'

Haden Building Management, a leading provider of FM and M&E services to both the private and public sectors and a Balfour Beatty company, is to be renamed Balfour Beatty WorkPlace as it repositions itself in the market place. The move follows extensive research and internal consultation in order to reflect its position as a total FM provider.

Balfour Beatty WorkPlace Managing Director, Kevin Craven said; “This new brand will allow our company to develop and diversify, building on the strength and versatility of the Balfour Beatty Group. We are not simply changing our name but setting ourselves apart from the competition by providing integrated FM services with large-scale, high-quality market-leading solutions, and the resources, technology and knowledge of our people.”

The company’s vision has been revised: ‘to create the environments that enable people to achieve their potential’. Kevin Craven concluded; “Our reputation rests firmly on the performance of our people and we will continue to invest in them to make us the best in the business.”

He said that the Haden brand did not reflects the 160 service lines the business offered and delivered across a diverse contract base. Currently, Balfour Beatty Workplace has seven large clients accounting for 90 per cent of its turnover, with the remaining 10 per cent covering about 100 smaller clients. Craven plans to raise the current £400m turnover to £1bn in five years.

Covion, acquired by Haden in 2007, retains its name and will concentrate on smaller M&E contracts. Haden Fire will also retain its brand. The name change to Balfour Beatty Workplace was driven by Haden rather than its parent company, and Craven reports that the reaction has been positive and surprise that 'it took so long'.

Craven is planning substantial investment in IT to support the business which currently employs 12,000 people.


Contact Details and Archive...

Print this page | E-mail this page

www.fsifm.com
https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/?utm_source=PFM%20MPU&utm_medium=MPU%20Banner&utm_campaign=Jan%202021&utm_term=Clicks&utm_content=Jan%2021


MOST VIEWED...

View more articles
Article image

Why the Law Says You Need a Nappy Bin Disposal Service

At home, parents are used to disposing of their babies’ used nappies the same way they do any other domestic waste - bagging it up and sticking it in the r...

Benchmarking maintenance

BSRIA has just published this year's operation and maintenance benchmarking report as a guide for building operators to evaluate their performance against ...

SFG20 updated and online

A new, updated and interactive version of SFG20 - Standard Maintenance Specification for Building Services - has been launched as a web based service which...
Article image

PFM Partnership Awards 2020 trophies to be presented in virtual event

Following the latest lockdown restrictions around the UK, it has been decided that it will not be possible to stage a live event to present the winners of ...
Article image

Covid-19 operational challenges

Covid-19 is only the second pandemic of the 21st century since the first being the Influenza pandemic in 2009 which was considered mild in comparison....
Article image

HSE outsources site checking to two service providers

Contracts have been signed between the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and two companies to boost its capacity to conduct site inspections....
https://www.uhubglobal.com
PFM