This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

Latest acquisition extends risk management services

17 May 2022

Testing, inspection and certification service provider SOCOTEC has acquired the Base Quantum business for an undisclosed sum.

UK operation Base Quantum provides a variety of quantity surveying, dispute resolution and expert witness services.

These are provided to assist clients involved in the construction, renovation or maintenance of new or existing facilities, along with those within the infrastructure and environment sectors.

The company has a turnover of £11m and its main focus is on the delivery of risk management, including the provision of advice and negotiating services within contractual procedures.

SOCOTEC says Base Quantum "naturally enforces" its UK service proposition by further extending its "high value-added services".

While 75% of its revenues are accounted for by its expert witness services, the remaining 25% is generated from its quantity surveying and risk management operations.

SOCOTEC Group chief executive officer Hervé Montjotin said: "Any important construction project, coupled with the ageing of our infrastructures and the challenges posed by renovations, represents significant opportunities for risk analysis.

"Furthermore, the ability to assess and quantity these hazards is key for stakeholders, as economic factors play a significant role in the development of the project."

He further emphasised the importance of risk analysis at all stages of projects and stated that the Base Quantum acquisition will further enhance his company's role as a trusted, independent third party.


Print this page | E-mail this page

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/window-films-uk/?utm_term=tebg-csd-winbus-en_gb-edu-csdgrowwindowfilm_digital-ona-ban-pfm-register-w2-apr22-55813#Webinars
https://www.bona.com/en/
PFM
-  https://www.tork.co.uk/services/solutions/vision-cleaning?utm_source=PFM&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=GB_Tork_Display_PH-Industry_PH-Hygiene_Visibility_TVC%20Ind__2022-02_2022-05_Internal


MOST VIEWED...

View more articles
Article image

Why the Law Says You Need a Nappy Bin Disposal Service

At home, parents are used to disposing of their babies’ used nappies the same way they do any other domestic waste - bagging it up and sticking it in the r...
Article image

Deadline for PFM Awards Team Member nominations approaches

There is just one week left for finalists within this year's PFM Partnership Awards to nominate candidates for the Team Member of the Year category....
Article image

Contracts awarded by DIO for £117m for FM services

Repair and maintenance services contracts have been awarded by the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) with a value of £117m....
Article image

Atalian Servest confirms first acquisition since 2018 merger

Independently-owned service provider Incentive FM has been acquired by Atalian Servest for an undisclosed sum....
Article image

Completion of acquisition of janitorial supplier confirmed

Family-owned PPS has announced that its acquisition of Scott Janitorial Supplies in February 2021 was completed with the official merger on 1 June this yea...
Article image

PFM Partnership Awards 2022 finalists announced

Today sees the publication of the shortlist for the PFM Partnership Awards 2022 following a prolonged assessment process....
https://www.mrisoftware.com/uk/resources/xwms-the-future-of-real-estate-portfolio-and-facility-management/
https://www.floorbrite.co.uk/
https://www.neccontract.com/products/contracts/nec4/facilities-management-contract/bundle?utm_source=PFM+ads&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=PFM+ads
https://www.pfmawards.co.uk/
https://flowscapesolutions.com/
https://www.watco.co.uk/help-advice/guide-to-getting-the-safest-floor?utm_source=premises+facilities+management&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=safety+ebook