This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

Monteray JV secures BT FM contract for another six years

05 February 2008

The six-year £500m total FM service contract, which runs until April 2014, will be operated jointly by the Monteray shareholders - Reliance Integrated Services, Carillion and Haden Building Management - to provide a range of services to BT’s 7,000 buildings and 100,000 staff located across the country.

The contract, which has an option to be extended for a further four years, includes the opportunity for the joint venture to provide additional variable services worth up to £30 million a year.

Peter Portlock, Monteray Ltd Managing Director said: “We are delighted to be able to continue and develop our working partnership with BT. This is a strong endorsement of the strength and value of our relationship, and allows us to further capitalise on the strength and expertise of our partner-companies to the benefit of BT.”

BT and Monteray have worked together since the first contract was signed in 2001 to reduce operational
costs, improve customer service and support BT’s environmental and CSR agendas. Several of these
initiatives have been formally recognised. Most recently BT and Monteray were awarded the PFM Partners in
Business Change Award in 2006, and in 2007 Monteray was awarded a RoSPA Gold Award for its
occupational health and safety practices.

John McDonough, Carillion’s chief executive said: “We are delighted to have won this new contract for BT with whom we have developed an excellent relationship. This reinforces Carillion’s position as a leading provider of total facilities management solutions for major property estates.”

Carillion has a 51% equity interest in the Monteray joint venture, with the remaining 49% shared equally between Haden Building Management, a subsidiary of Balfour Beatty, and Reliance Integrated Services.

Jane Skelton, Managing Director Reliance Integrated Services, one of the JV partners commented, “We are delighted to be part of this unique collaboration to support BT’s business transformation strategy. As a shareholder of Monteray Ltd we have had a unique opportunity to shape our approach to delivering services to BT whilst strengthening the effective working relationships with our shareholderpartners. The award of the BT security contract to our sister company has enhanced Reliance’s understanding of BT’s business
objectives. These contracts demonstrate the strength and depth in our business: improving our ability to
deliver an excellent customer experience for anyone working in or visiting a BT building.”



Contact Details and Archive...

Print this page | E-mail this page

https://www.fsifm.com/en-gb/
https://www.dyson.co.uk/commercial/hand-dryers.html


MOST VIEWED...

View more articles
Article image

Why the Law Says You Need a Nappy Bin Disposal Service

At home, parents are used to disposing of their babies’ used nappies the same way they do any other domestic waste - bagging it up and sticking it in the r...
Article image

The low down on lockdown

The various responsibilities of facilities managers include ensuring security systems and procedures are in place to ensure the safety of all personnel in ...
Article image

Certified membership launched by BIFM

BIFM has announced a streamlined membership structure that recognizes academic achievement and formally recognises the BIFM's professionally qualified me...
Article image

Advice issued covering temporary closure of construction sites

FMs involved in or in charge of construction sites can refer to advice issued by the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) regarding temporary closures dur...

Carbon calculator from the Environment Agency

The carbon calculator calculates the embodied carbon dioxide of material plus CO2 associated with their transportation, plus personal travel, site energy a...

Benchmarking maintenance

BSRIA has just published this year's operation and maintenance benchmarking report as a guide for building operators to evaluate their performance against ...
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?EID=64d4791c-12c7-4770-8209-96d00ec9ea52