This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

Fourth year of water cooler growth recorded

24 March 2017

Further expansion of the water cooler market has been highlighted by the latest figures released by the British Water Cooler Association (BWCA).

Its research shows that total market growth increased by 5% last year to a value of £129m, compared with £123m in 2015.

The number of water cooler units grew from 645,000 to 651,000 in 2016, which was its fourth successive year of growth, according to the BWCA.

Increases were seen for both bottled and mains-fed water coolers, although the rented market for bottled water accounted for the most numbers.

Market data was supplied by Zenith Global, which showed that the divide between the two types of coolers has remained "relatively stable" since 2012.

Bottled water coolers account for 53% of the market, with the remaining 47% accounted for by mains-fed units.

The number of bottled water coolers installed had increased by 1.3% to 345,000 units last year, while mains-fed installations grew by 0.8% to 306,000 units.

Volume sales of bottled also showed a 3% rise, accounting for 305m litres.

Print this page | E-mail this page


View more articles
Article image

Why the Law Says You Need a Nappy Bin Disposal Service

At home, parents are used to disposing of their babies’ used nappies the same way they do any other domestic waste - bagging it up and sticking it in the r...
Article image

Sustainable business policies making good business sense

PFM examines how the alignment of sustainable practices are becoming an important element in the winning or contin...
Article image

“I don’t understand the PFM Awards”

The information provided below is intended to provide the FM industry with more understanding of the industry’s oldest awards initiative, which continues t...

Benchmarking maintenance

BSRIA has just published this year's operation and maintenance benchmarking report as a guide for building operators to evaluate their performance against ...
Article image

Making smart decisions when purchasing new technology

We asked industry experts if the implementation of new technology should be expected to reduce cost, in addition to improving the operation of facilities, ...
Article image

Olympus KeyMed Choose Artic!

Artic Building Services were awarded the contract to replace the existing Carrier Chiller at Olympus KeyMed....